- The initial checkout period for all Hayner Library materials (except DVDs and software) is two weeks. The initial checkout period for Hayner Library DVDs and software is one week.
- Materials borrowed via Interlibrary Loan are subject to the checkout periods of the owning library.
- Hayner Library materials (except DVDs and software) may be renewed up to two times by phone or online unless there is an outstanding hold on the item. Hayner Library DVDs and software may be renewed once.
- Materials borrowed via Interlibrary Loan are subject to the renewal limits established by the owning library.
Material Checkout Limits
- Books – no limit; do not take everything we have on one subject
- Audio CDs/Music CDs – any combination of 10 per card
- DVDs – 5 per card
- Magazines – 5 issues per card
- Kits, games, etc. – 5 per card
- For Hayner Library patrons: Overdue materials borrowed at any SHARE member library are subject to an overdue charge of 10 cents per item per day, not to exceed the cost of the item.
For non-Hayner Library patrons: Fines are based upon the fine rate established by a patron's home library. Please contact your home library to determine your fine rate.
Please note: Each SHARE member library determines the loan periods and fine schedules of their materials. Some SHARE library loan periods may be longer or shorter than Hayner Library loan periods. Some SHARE library fine schedules may be greater than 10 cents per item per day.