Our Reference Department is located in the Alton Square Mall Library. Whether you need to look up a statistic, find a quick answer to a query or get started on a research project, the Reference Department can help. Our reference services include:
- Reference staff can be reached 24 hours per day, 7 days per week via email. A reference librarian will respond to your query as soon as possible.
- The Reference staff can acquire books for you through interlibrary loan from all over the country.
- Our Reference Department provides InfoPass service, which lets you check out books from libraries all over the St. Louis metro area on a one-time, specific need basis.
- We have a large, up-to-date, always growing reference collection and a direct connection to the Internet to help you with your reference needs.
- Our Reference Department provides a Reader's Advisory service and prepares new and different booklists, bookmarks, and book displays on a continuous basis.
- Contact our Reference Department (via email) phone (618-433-2864) or in person at 132 Alton Square Mall, Alton, IL 62002.