Two study rooms are available at the Hayner Alton Square Library. One has capacity for 4-8 people and the other for 6-7 people. Rooms are locked for security purposes. Reservations can be made at the Customer Service Desk, or by calling the library at 618-462-0677. Rooms are unlocked by staff in exchange for a library card or driver's license.
Rooms are equipped with whiteboards (for use with dry erase markers only), electrical outlets, and wireless access for computers. Dry erase markers and erasers can be checked out from the Customer Service Desk.
Study Room Rules
Please read and observe the following rules on appropriate use of the Study Rooms.
- Study rooms are available for study and group projects.
- When study rooms are empty and not reserved, they are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A group can reserve a study room for up to 2 hours per day. A group can make up to two reservations at a time. Reservations can be made in two month increments only.
- Individuals must give up a room after two hours if others are waiting, unless they are taking a test supervised by a library proctor. Reservations for study rooms will be held for 15 minutes only. After 15 minutes, unless the library has been notified of a late arrival, the reservation will be cancelled.
- With authorization of the Library Director or designee, a room may be reserved for up to 6 hours for special purposes.
- The Library reserves the right to reassign or cancel reservations to assure the maximum and most appropriate utilization of these rooms. The Customer Service staff will be monitoring usage and reservations to assure appropriate use. Rooms are not for regularly scheduled classes or regularly scheduled meetings.
- The following activities are prohibited in the rooms: painting, practicing music, partying, using tobacco or alcohol, holding office hours and classes, or activities that are disruptive to others.
- Behaviors that will result in expulsion from a study room include, but are not limited to:
- Disruptive behavior
- Threatening behavior
- Failure to adhere to The Hayner Public Library District's Behavior Policy