Check Out a Laptop or Hotspot with Your Hayner Library Card
- Category: Library News
- Created: Thursday, 06 January 2022 16:47
Hayner Library is pleased to announce that we now have laptops and hotspots available for check out at the Downtown Library and Hayner Library at Alton Square Mall. Patrons age eighteen and older can now check out a laptop or hotspot with a Hayner Library card. The funding for this program was made possible through the Illinois State Library's Expanding Digital Inclusion: Transforming Library Services grant.
- Patrons must be a Hayner Library cardholder in good standing (unexpired card and no outstanding fines over $5.00).
- Patrons must fill out a Library Electronic Device Agreement form when checking out a laptop or hotspot.
- Laptops and hotspots can be checked out for two weeks and can be renewed once if no other patrons are waiting for a device.
- Overdue fees are $5.00 per day, per device. Wi-Fi service will be turned off to any overdue hotspot devices.
- For security and privacy reasons, the laptops are programmed to delete any information saved to the computer each time the device is rebooted. Therefore, patrons must use their own flash drive to save all work.
- Laptops and hotspots cannot be returned in the book drop; patrons must return the devices to the Hayner Library location from which they were checked out.
- Patrons are responsible for returning the devices in working order and with all components intact. Patrons are responsible for replacement costs for any lost or damaged devices and components.