Getting a Library Card
Residents of The Hayner Public Library District are eligible for a three-year library card. To obtain a library card, patrons must present a current photo ID with the correct address listed. If the address on your photo ID is not current, you must also present a formal piece of mail with your current address listed (such as a recent utility bill), in addition to a photo ID.
The library charges $1.00 for replacement library cards.
With your new library card, you can check out:
- Books—No limit; please do not take everything we have on one subject
- Audiobooks and music CDs—10 per card (of each format)
- DVDs and Blu-rays—10 per card (any combination)
- Magazines—No limit
- Kits, games, etc.—5 per card
- eBooks and eAudiobooks from the Cloud Library and TumbleBooks apps (for adults and children)
- Access to online databases 24/7 (Consumer Reports, NoveList readers' advisory, automotive repair guides, Ebsco research databases for students, and more)
Hayner Library offers online library card registration for current residents of The Hayner Public Library District. Click here for the online registration form. Hayner Library staff will contact you when your card has been created and is ready to be picked up. To verify residency within the library district, you will need to present your current photo ID when you arrive to pick up your library card. If the address on your photo ID is not current, you must also present a formal piece of mail with your current address listed (such as a recent utility bill), in addition to your photo ID.