- The initial checkout period for all Hayner Library materials is two weeks.
- Materials borrowed through interlibrary loan are subject to the checkout periods of the owning library.
- Patrons may renew all Hayner Library materials (except DVDs and software) up to two times by phone or online unless there is an outstanding hold on the item. Patrons may renew Hayner Library DVDs and software once.
- Owning libraries establish the renewal limits for materials borrowed through interlibrary loan.
Material Checkout Limits
- Books – no limit; do not take everything we have on one subject
- Audio CDs and Music CDs – 10 per card (each)
- DVDs and Blu-rays – 10 per card (any combination)
- Magazines – No limit
- Kits, Games, etc. – 5 per card
- For Hayner Library patrons: Overdue materials borrowed at any SHARE library are subject to an overdue charge of 10¢ per item, per day—not to exceed the cost of the item.
For non-Hayner Library patrons: A patron's home library establishes fines rates. Please contact your home library to determine their fine rate.
Please note: Each SHARE member library determines the loan periods of their materials. SHARE member loan periods may be longer or shorter than Hayner Library loan periods. Materials borrowed from SHARE member libraries through interlibrary loan are subject to the renewal limits established by the owning library.