The Reference Department is located in the Alton Square Mall library with limited hours Downtown. Whether you need to look up a statistic, find a quick answer to a query, or get started on a research project, the Reference Department can help.
- Reference staff can be reached 24 hours per day, 7 days per week at firstname.lastname@example.org. A reference librarian will respond to your query as soon as possible.
- Reference staff can acquire books for Hayner patrons through a nationwide interlibrary loan program.
- We have an up-to-date reference collection and online databases, and a direct connection to the internet to help you with your reference needs.
- The reference collection includes reproducible legal forms, current Illinois Statutes, Bibles and commentaries, atlases, art books, Standard & Poor’s Value Line, and much more.
- The Reference Department provides a Reader's Advisory service and continually prepares new and different booklists, bookmarks, and book displays.
- Exams can be proctored by appointment.
- Individual eBook help is available.
- Contact our Reference Department by phone (618-433-2864) or in-person at 132 Alton Square Mall, Alton, IL 62002.